On this episode of the ParentMD podcast, we invite Dr. Keili Mistovich to share more about her direct pediatric care practice (DPC) and how her role as a pediatrician has changed since moving away from the traditional practice setting. She shares how the two healthcare models are different, the benefits of DPC and some pearls of wisdom for parents to take away. Enjoy!
- Introduction to Dr. Keili Mistovich and her direct pediatric care practice at Zest Pediatrics
- What is Direct Pediatric Care (DPC) vs a traditional practice?
- The pressures of a traditional practice and how it causes some doctors “moral injury”
- The way Dr. Mistovich practices now in her DPC practice
- What the parents think of a DPC model of care
- The value and power of the relationship between the family and pediatrician
- How DPC care is transforming the care of teenagers
- The value of time in all aspects, especially for kids
- The role of insurance in a traditional practice setting
- Topics that are covered in a DPC practice that can’t be covered in a traditional setting
- What Dr. Mistovich wants parents to know
- Zest Pediatrics article in the AAP